Axel Semrau® developed the automated Chronect Glyphosate Workstation for this purpose. The first step of the robot is a derivatisation with the FMOC connection so that the target molecules become more non-polar. The specialised Chronect SPE then extracts the desired substances using the supplied glyphosate cartridges. HPLC analysis then provides a quantitative determination, combined with a Sciex Triple Quad 5500 LC-MS/MS spectrometer.
For this analysis, LC-MS/MS in combination with derivatisation of the analytes is the most commonly used technique. The addition of online SPE offers two important advantages:
With one enrichment step, the feasible detection and determination limits are improved.
Method matrix components are removed and side effects such as ion suppression are reduced. This is a serious advantage especially for the LC-MS coupling.
The workstation consists of an XYZ robot with a centrifuge, vortexer and agitator, an online SPE-unit with prepared methods and specialised cartridges CHROSPE Glyphosate.
The use of standard SPE cartridges for simple matrices, for example C8 – C18 phases, is possible. CHRONECT Workstation Glyphosate comes with ready-to-use methods for different matrices.
As a front-end solution, the workstation can be connected to various LC-MS/MS systems. Direct injection, online SPE with or without derivation of the sample are directly available on the device.
- SPH1299 UHPLC pump
- ACE Single Clamp 250 or 1000 bar, 1x UHPLC valves
- HPD MIX 1x SSM / Organizer, Mistral column oven
- CHRONECT Symbiosis Autosampler with Park Station & Tool
- Change, 2 valves, centrifuge, vortexer, agitator, Fast Wash Module, Solvent Module, Tray Plate with 3 Trays VT15 10/20 mL Automatic Tool Change
- CHRONOS Symbiosis for the control system
- Mistral CS Cool UHPLC for Easy Column handling
- Sample Cooling with Peltier Stacks (4 to 40 °C)
- Solvent Module with 3 additional solvents for the PAL Sampler
- Larger capacity with more shelving
- Integration of workflows with 2D Barcode Reader
This post is also available in: Dutch