Similar to the human tongue, the ASTREE electronic Alpha MOS sole performs a global taste assessment of a complex mixture of dissolved organic and inorganic compounds.
This instrument detects all compounds in liquid samples responsible for taste and compares different products based on their taste profile. The e-tongue not only assesses the basic flavours (sweet, bitter, sour, salt and umami), but also other aspects that determine the taste such as: metallic, sharp, astringent.
- unique combination of sampling, detection and data processing makes the ASTREE the most powerful and flexible electronic tongue available
- flavour measurements in a liquid matrix; analysis of liquids or dissolved solids
- automated taste analysis using an autosampler carousel (16 or 48 positions). Reproducible rudder and measurement conditions and termperatuursettingpossibilities of the sample rack.
- ChemFET sensor technology (chemically modified Field Effect Transistor) using potentiometry; 7 cross-selective liquid sensors that are sensitive to chemical, ionic, and neutral components responsible for taste.
- 2 standard sets of flavour sensors available: one for food applications and one for pharmaceutical applications
- powerful AlphaSoft software: instrument monitoring, sensor signal acquisition, qualitative and quantitative analysis through statistical data processing and chemometry.
- conformity & quality control
- Batch to Batch’ consistency testing
- research into abnormal odours
- process optimisation/monitoring
- shelf life & stability
- benchmarking competition
- screening of candidate recipes
- correlation with flavour panel analyses
- food & beverage
- plastic & packaging
- petrochemistry & chemistry
This post is also available in: Dutch