In this privacy statement we explain what personal data we collect and use and for what purpose. We recommend that you read this statement carefully.
Instrument Solutions Benelux B.V. provides services and goods to laboratories within the Benelux. In order to be able to offer these products correctly, we process personal data. These data are obtained in different ways and serve different purposes:
- information necessary for the execution of an agreement, such as billing information, name of contact person, etc.
- data necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, such as VAT number
- data that we use to communicate news via email mailings. For this purpose, we collect the first name, surname, email address and type of laboratory analysis technique(s) relevant to this person.
- We consider it of great importance that personal data is handled with care. These are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. In doing so, we comply with the requirements of the privacy legislation.
This means, for example, that we:
- limit the collection of personal data to only those personal data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- First ask you for express permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- do not pass on your data to third parties, unless this is necessary to provide the requested service or if we are legally obliged to do so;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data;
- Respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data.
Instrument Solutions Benelux B.V.
De Liesbosch 50
3439 LC Nieuwegein
Phone +31(0) 088-4678786
For the processing of requests, quotations and orders, we collect data that are necessary for their correct processing: First name and surname of contact person, Company name, Company address, Email address, Phone number, BWT number.
If known, this information will be supplemented with the function of the contact person and the laboratory techniques relevant to Instrument Solutions with which the contact person works/will work. This information is important in connection with the relevance of our messages.
Personal data is obtained by participating in trade fairs, requests through our website, visits by our Sales and Service staff. This data is stored in our records until we know that persons are no longer employed by the organisation.
We do not assess or collect information based on personal characteristics (health, personal preferences or interests) or information of a personal nature (e.g. sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs).
In order to inform customers and potential customers about new products, we periodically send out news via emailings. We only send this mailing to persons who have given their explicit consent and limit this to a maximum of 12 mailings per year. If these persons no longer wish to receive news via these mailings, we clearly offer the possibility to unsubscribe from this service for each mailing. Results of mailings, such as which links are followed, are analyzed by us afterwards with the aim to map out the interest and to improve our messages.
Provision to third parties
We do not pass on information to third parties unless it is relevant in connection with, for example, a demonstration provided by one of our suppliers at your lab. The information provided in this case is limited to the name of the organisation, the address, the name of the contact person and his/her business telephone number.
Securing and storing
We have put in place appropriate security measures to limit the misuse of and unauthorised access to your personal data. For example, we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are regularly updated in line with the latest developments.
Personal data that we have collected will be kept in our records until we know that persons are no longer employed by the organisation that is known to us. Data relating to orders and their processing are stored in accordance with the statutory period (7 years).
When using websites of Instrument Solutions, our website collects information about your use of our website by placing cookies. These insights enable us to improve our website and offer you a better user experience.
The stored cookies are deleted by Google Analytics after 14 months. This is the shortest possible period that can be set for them.
Access and modification of your data
If you have an account, you can ask us to review and change the information we hold. You can also contact our Customer Service by telephone on +31 (0) 88 46 78 786 or via the contact form on our website.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. We will never use your details for other purposes without your permission.
It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
Personal Data Authority
Of course we will be happy to help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Should you nevertheless not be able to resolve the matter together with us, you also have the right under the privacy legislation to submit a complaint to the privacy supervisor, the Authority for Personal Data. You can contact the Authority for Personal Data for this purpose.
Coming into effect
This privacy statement entered into effect on 22 May 2018.
This post is also available in: Dutch