8000D Mixer/Mill® – High Energy Ball Mill
The 8000D Mixer/Mill of SPEX SamplePrep is a powerful ball mill that pulverizes hard or brittle samples until they are fine enough for analysis.
The sample is placed in a Grinding Vial with one or more balls after which it is shaken vigorously. The clamp containing the Grinding Vial moves back and forth with a short lateral movement in the form of an 8, producing large G-forces. These are needed to pulverize the hardest stones, snails and ceramics. The steel housing and robust construction ensures a long service life of heavy work.
- Timer adjustable up to 100 minutes.
- Electric motor with shock absorption so that it is suitable for on a table.
- The clamp swings 5.9cm back and forth with a short lateral movement in the form of an 8
- A safety locking system protects the Operator
- In the event of a mechanical failure, the grinder switches off (by means of a vibration detection switch).
Because breaking up is hard to do…
|Capacity clamp||2 standard vials or two adapters for several small vials|
|Speed clamp||875 cycles per minute @ 50Hz, 230V. 1060 cycles per minute also possible with|
interchangeable pulley which is supplied as standard.
|Sample size per vial||up to 10mL (about 10 grams) for grinding hard samples and up to 50mL for blending powders or mixing emulsions.|
|Dimensions, L x B x H (cm)||64 x 54 x 36|
This post is also available in: Dutch