Geno/Grinder® – Automated Tissue Homogenizer and Cell Lyser
The Geno/Grinder® of SPEX SamplePrep is a high throughput plant and animal tissue homogeniser that can hold up to 6 Deep-Well titer plates and 16 centrifuge tubes. It is specifically designed for rapid cell disruption. Kryotech® accessores are available to store temperature-sensitive samples. This grinder is also recognised as an excellent automatic Axial Extractor and is ideal for QuEChERS.
- LCD display shows full running time and remaining time in minutes and seconds.
- Designed for powerful up-and-down shaking of Deep-Well titer plates, vials and centrifuge tubes.
- Height-adjustable clamp with release button securely locks vials or titer plates of different sizes. In the sealing cap there is a safety switch that stops the engine when the cap is opened during grinding.
- Unique, rigorous vertical movement of 500-1750 strokes per minute provides a direct impact on the sample at each stroke.
- Usually the grinding takes 1-2 minutes.
Grinding media helps to mix and homogenize the samples. Beads are available in 3 qualities: molecular biology, low binding and acid washed. Different materials are available: stainless steel, silica, zirconium and ceramics. Tool for the QuEChERS method is ceramic cylinders.
Tissue homogenisation, DNA/RNA research and extraction, Cell Lysis, Pesticide Residue Extraction, protein extraction, Biofuel research and QuEChERS.
This post is also available in: Dutch