Horiba Scientific‘s LA-960 Laser Diffraction Analyser has a dynamic measuring range between 10nm and 3000µm ‘wet’. This with a precision of 0.10% and an accuracy of 0.6%!
Due to the design of the optics, the LA960 delivers superior performance in the nanometre and millimetre area for both sensitivity and measuring range. Challenge us!
This measures the actual particle size and the measured values are not generated by mathematical extrapolation. An additional advantage of the high sensitivity is that little sample is needed for the analysis.
Horiba Scientific gives the LA960 a dynamic measuring range for dry measurements from 10nm to 5000µm (previously up to 3000µm).
Important distinguishing features of the LA960:
- Switch between wet and dry measurement within 1 minute
- Easy to clean
- Wet Low End Sensitivity due to lower wavelength of the blue light source (405 nm LED)
- Standard wide dynamic range from 10 nm to 3mm wet and 10nm to 5mm dry
- Number of detectors (87) and their positioning (166º)
- No warm-up time of the laser because a laser diode (LD) is used. The laser is only on during the measurement.
- Fewer burning hours are needed for the above reason, and an LD has more burning hours than an old-fashioned gas laser (not a single one replaced in 12 years).
- More suitable for measuring larger particles
- By conical design of the tank
- Design and power of the centrifugal pump, no ‘grinding’ of particles
4 mm wide measuring cell
Large diameter of the tubing
- Autofill pump, no pouring with dangerous solvents
- Measuring cell made of Titanium glass, very robust, easy to dismantle and clean, less frequent cleaning
- Total volume of liquid to adjust from 120 ml. to 300 ml. in four steps
- High accuracy and precision:
- Type of sensors and positioning
- Very stable optical bench, heavy cast aluminium bib
- Rapid acquisitions
- Advanced but easy to use software features
- RI selection for unknown samples
- Accuracy of the measurement
- Method expert for assistance in finding optimal conditions: circulation speed, sample concentration, ultrasonic force and duration, measuring time,
- A push on the head’ SOPs after development of methods
This post is also available in: Dutch